Sunday 2 February 2014

Sketchabilities #108


Hey everyone. Here's my version of Sketchabilities sketch #108. The pictures are of my daughter and her horse, Hugo, at their first jumping show. I was able to use scraps for this layout which is a first for me. The leftovers were from Echo Park Paper's 'For the Record' collection. For the background I sprayed some Antique Linen distress stain, dried it, then applied a thin coat of gesso over my brick stencil. Once this was dry I sprayed more distress stain, lightly wiping some of the stain off in spots. Once this was dry, I repositioned the stencil and applied some modelling paste for more texture. Once dry I added some distress ink to all the bricks. This is my first real attempt at stencilling a background with gesso/modelling paste, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I changed the angle of the pictures, compared to the sketch, because I didn't want to cover up all the bricks. The little heart was cut from cardboard and then covered with Distress crackle paint. Below are some close ups. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

Michelle





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! I like every single detail, the texture of the wall is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another absolutely beautiful layout! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! Like bricks! :) Thank you for playing with sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful!!! kisses... and thanks for playing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the sketch. What great pictures.

    ReplyDelete