Wednesday 26 September 2018

Cool Kid


Hey everyone. For this month's blend a sketch challenge at Scrap Our Stash, I used my nephew's school photo from last year. I used the background from the sketch on the left, rotated it and used a cut file instead of pattern paper. From the sketch on the right I used the large element matting the photos, the flags and the location of the embellishment clusters. The stash part of the challenge was to use buttons or flairs. I used a flair. The pattern paper, ephemera, stickers and flair, were all from Cocoa Vanilla Studios' 'Boys Rule' collection. Love, love the colors in this line. The cutfile was from the Silhouette Store. I used art crayons from Vicki Boutin for the background. I had to mix them to achieve the colors I was looking for. I first applied them with the packaging technique. Using a stencil brush I then added them dry through a stencil. I also tried to use a stamp with the crayons, when they were watered down. It didn't work out that well, as all I got were some blobs. Not sure if it was due to the stamp or maybe too much water. This layout was also inspired by a challenge at The Studio Challenges, where you were to use numbers on your page. Below are some close ups and the challenge. Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle






No comments:

Post a Comment