Sunday, 11 August 2013
Hey everyone. Just wanted to share another class I taught at Shabby Shutters. I used Pink Paislee's 'Hope Chest' collection. The flowers were cut using Tim Holtz's tattered floral die (one of my go to flower dies). For the burlap flowers, I brushed some Mod Podge on the burlap first and after it dried I cut the flowers out. The Mod Podge keeps the burlap from fraying. I have heard that you can also use a 50:50 tacky glue/water combo. Haven't tried that yet though. I layered 2-3 of the flowers and added some buttons and hand cut crumpled leaves. Some stitching on the corners completed the layout .This layout is based on a couple of PageMaps sketches. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.