Thursday 26 July 2018

Happy Times and Sunshine


Hey everyone. Hope you’re enjoying the summer so far. Hard to believe it’s the end of July. I have my take on the July blend a sketch challenge from Scrap Our Stash to share with you. I used Echo Park Paper's 'Good Day Sunshine' line for this layout of my grandson's first popsicle. It was the perfect collection to use. I couldn't resist fussy cutting a few popsicles from the pattern paper. For the background I first applied modelling paste through a stencil from Carta Bella. I then added watered down distress ink with a brush. Stamped circles, using a styrofoam cup, and splatters followed. For the challenge I replaced the three hearts on the right sketch with the photo arrangement and banner element from the left sketch. I also scattered sequins around the background. Love how it turned out and that I was able to use quite a bit of product from my stash. Close ups and the challenge are below. Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle






2 comments:

  1. Hello from hot and muggy Sussex, NB !

    What a sweet little boy page. I love the page design with those cute photos of your grand-son. The background work is so pretty. Love the effect of the watered down distress ink. The little banner at the top, the tags, and all the cut-outs, make for a happy, summertime layout. Great job. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jacynthe, replying from hot and muggy Antigonish NS

    ReplyDelete