Wednesday 15 August 2018

Nana Love





Hey everyone. I have my take on the August sketch at Sketchabilities to share with you today. The photos are of my mom and grandson. This little guy gets lots of love !!!  The pattern paper, ephemera, stickers, thickers and enamel dots are from Vicki Boutin's 'All the Good Things' collection from American Crafts. For the background I first applied a light coat of gesso to a piece of lined pattern paper. I then mixed two colors of art crayons and water, also from Vicki's collection. My first thought was to apply the color as big drops, but once the color hit the paper it smudged a little. I also splattered some ink spray, which did form drops. The butterflies and flowers were fussy cut from pattern paper, and then attached with foam squares for some dimension. Below are some close ups and the sketch. Make sure to check out the Sketchabilities blog for lots of inspiration from the design team, and to find out how to play along. Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle




No automatic alt text available.

No comments:

Post a Comment